This one is also very simple- but definitely works those arm muscles lol
- 2-3 Spaghetti Squashes (to give me meals during the week)
- 2 pounds of ground bison or ground beef
**Pre-heat oven to 350 if you choose to cook the spaghetti squash in the oven- see the "**" below for your two cooking options.
1.) Cook the ground meat, can use some chipotle seasoning/Italian seasoning if you wish. I usually like to use Italian Herb seasoning with an Italian marinara.
2.) Cut each squash in half (long ways) and scrape out all of the seeds and stringy pulp.
** 3.) 2 different ways of cooking the spaghetti squash:
- Microwave each half for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the half.
- Or place each face down on a baking sheet (can drizzle on oil and garlic powder) for about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
You'll know when it's warm enough if you can easily stick a fork through it.
4.) Let it cool enough to grab or you can use an oven mit to hold. Take a fork and scrape out the squash to form pieces of "spaghetti".
5.) Then you can mix it with the meat or you can wait until you serve it.
You can make your own sauce, use store bought sauce or sun-dried tomato spread.
- You can also add pieces of Italian sausage if you wish!
VERY simple- all you need to do is pick the veggies you like and shake it up with some light italian dressing! This time I used yellow peppers, onions, and cucumbers. And then ironically I came across an article the same night of making this mix! See below :)
Cucumber Tips and Tricks
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2.For a pick me up in the afternoon... Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours. Slice some and put in your water bottle.
3. If you rub a cucumber slice along your bathroom mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Place a few slices of cucumber in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemical in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free.
Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries by European trappers, traders and explorers for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the photochemical will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but it won’t leave streaks and won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
No, not the most glamorous picture taken in my tupperware at work in our break room :) But very yummy and VERY easy!
- Put chicken in crock pot with all the other ingredients. As simple as that. Just throw them in there and then set it on 4 High. If you don't use frozen breasts then it won't take as long. I didn't use all of my chicken from the previous week so I put the rest in the freezer- that's why mine were frozen! When it is done, take a fork and shred the chicken apart- should fall apart very easily! Then I chose to wrap mine in lettuce with avocado and hot sauce! But eat as you wish! Great with just a fork too! ENJOY!
Yes I have been completely horrible at blogging lately! But as most of you know, I am have been super busy with this move and starting a new chapter in my life! This is my step and being more consistent with it again!
I can now say I am an Arizona resident and I love it! I moved here on 4/16. It feels GREAT to achieve this goal that I have had for a LONG time of moving somewhere warm. Sometimes, you just have to get up and do it! There are those that talk about a goal they have and those that ACT on it. Which one are you?
I work for Life Time Fitness now. A lot more opportunity for growth with this company (but of course I will always have a place in my heart for DFM- I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them. I definitely miss my DFM family and my awesome clients!) But I am excited to see where this road takes me in my career as a fitness professional. And I look forward to meeting new clients and helping them reach their fitness goals. I have met really cool people so far and everyone has been very welcoming.
One awesome thing about Life Time is not only do they offer a ton of different opportunities for clients to take advantage of- such as metabolic testing, lab work, etc.- but they also have a Registered Dietician on staff. With that being said, the RD handles nutrition recommendations for my clients. I will keep this page up because I want my new clients to be able to come on here and learn more about me, but I won't be doing as much nutrition coaching until I choose to specify in Weight Loss Coaching- which is an option for me at Life Time.
I will still blog recipes that I think are YUMMY and post interesting articles! :)
Hope everyone is great out there!!
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach