**I always make extra to last me a few meals. Adjust accordingly to your lifestyle.**
- 3 avocados
- ½ large tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 5 chicken breast
1.) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2.) Place the avocado, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime in a bowl and mix until it has the texture resembles guacamole:
3.) Drizzle salt and pepper on each chicken breast. Cut each in half. Then slice the center so that there is a pouch. Stuff each chicken breast with the guacamole:
4.) Wrap each piece with 1-2 pieces of bacon, depending on the size. (The second time I made this, I wrapped the bacon the other direction which helped hold the guacamole in more- as in the 2nd and 4th picture above. Either way works fine though!)
5.) With high heat, cook each piece in a skillet until the bacon looks cooked. You may have to hold each piece on it's side so that all parts of the bacon get cooked, flipping as well. Then place each one on a baking dish. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- You will probably have some extra guacamole to serve with as well! A salad went great with this meal. Enjoy!
***Note- adjust the amount accordingly. 2 people were eating out of this for the week, and we eat a lot :) So adjust to fit your lifestyle!***
- 7 chicken breast
- 8 yellow sweet potatoes
- 20-25 pieces of cooked bacon
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 6 Tbsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp salt
- 4-5 tsp ground pepper (to your taste)
- ½ cup coconut oil (or you can use olive oil)
- 7 Tbsp hot sauce (adjust if you don't like spicy food)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the bacon and set aside (I used Kirkland's fully cooked bacon from Costco, heat it up in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then set aside to save some time- this will cook longer in the oven later)
- Cut up the chicken and place in a big bowl
- Peel the sweet potatoes and dice up or throw in a food processor and place in the same bowl as the chicken
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, salt, ground pepper, oil, and hot sauce together in the separate bowl. Then mix in with the chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Place all of that in a large baking dish and cook for 60-75 min (Obviously taking the time down if you make a smaller amount)
- Remove from the oven and lay the chopped green onion and pieces of bacon on the top. Return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach