If you don't want to make your own in the food processor, this takes the messy step out of the process! Costco carries Cauliflower Rice now, as well as Trader Joe's!
- Make sure that the pumpkin purée you are using (whether homemade or canned) consists only of pumpkin.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, just add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. You don’t have to have all four. But make sure you add at least 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and about 1/4 tsp of one or more of the other spices. If you just have cinnamon, that’s fine. Just add a generous 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. It will be delicious regardless.
- Make sure to lightly flatten out the dough when baking. These cookies won’t spread on their own.
- These cookies will be soft and moist. If you want them really soft and marshmallow-y in texture, make them fatter (don’t flatten as much) like the ones pictured above. The bottom will be crisp, but the cookies will still be unbelievably moist and soft.
- If you aren’t vegan or just like the taste of eggs in baked goods, omit the flax seed + water mixture and replace it with one large egg.
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach