- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or whatever you like- breasts work fine too)
- 3 ½ cups of homemade chicken bone broth (or store bought gluten free chicken broth)
- ½ of a large white onion- chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic- smashed
- 1 ½ cups of shredded carrots
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1 ½ tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place washed whole chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- Layer with onions.
- Add smashed garlic and broth (if you choose to not use homemade bone broth, I recommend using bone-in chicken rather than boneless- this way you still get the health benefits and you get a much richer flavor).
- Let the chicken cook with the onions and garlic on low for about 4-6 hours.
- The chicken will start to come apart. Use a fork to separate into chunks.
- Then add your carrots, kale, parsley, and salt and pepper. Let cook for about another hour. Enjoy!
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach