· 3 cups blanced, finely ground almond flour
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt, plus some flakey sea salt for sprinkling on top
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· ½ cup melted coconut oil
· ½ cup honey
· 2 organic, cage free eggs, beaten
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
· Optional: ½-1 cup dark chocolate chips (I usually don't use the chocolate chips and then it turns into more of a pastry you can have with your breakfast! If I do use them for a sweeter taste, I prefer the smaller amount)
· Optional: one cup halved walnuts or pecans
- Once completely cooled, cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Take out cold blondies and now it will be much easier to cut into perfect squares. If you are like me and are not very patient for things to cool, you can stick them in freezer to speed along the process!
- Keep the remainder in the fridge to eat throughout the week!
You can put whatever your heart desires in these. This is one of MANY different ways of making these. You can add what veggies you like and wrap them in prosciutto, also turned out great!
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Oil the pan so they don't stick- I used coconut oil spray from Trader Joe's.
- Crack an egg in each muffin spot.
- Tear up a piece of bacon and place on top of each spot.
- I poured about a tablespoon of liquid egg whites in each spot- just to fill right below edge.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Great for those Holiday parties!! Or when you have a craving for something sweet and salty, but with very little sugar! :)
• 2 cups of almond flour
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 4 tbs coconut oil or butter melted
• 1/4 honey
• 2 tsp vanilla
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach