· 3 cups blanced, finely ground almond flour
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt, plus some flakey sea salt for sprinkling on top
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· ½ cup melted coconut oil
· ½ cup honey
· 2 organic, cage free eggs, beaten
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
· Optional: ½-1 cup dark chocolate chips (I usually don't use the chocolate chips and then it turns into more of a pastry you can have with your breakfast! If I do use them for a sweeter taste, I prefer the smaller amount)
· Optional: one cup halved walnuts or pecans
- Once completely cooled, cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Take out cold blondies and now it will be much easier to cut into perfect squares. If you are like me and are not very patient for things to cool, you can stick them in freezer to speed along the process!
- Keep the remainder in the fridge to eat throughout the week!
Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach